Monday 19 February 2018

The Pool House

I will admit that I love decorating houses.  I can spend hours messing about trying to decide which room is suited to which purpose and then changing it all around again.

Recently I acquired the Pool House from RJD Homes and More.  The house is spread over three floors and has a quirky design; built in a more or less square 'frame', the house is skewed to create visual impact and interest.
On the lower deck there is a door to enter the three lower rooms and an external staircase leading up to the main level.  The main level has a door allowing access to the build, but also has a decking area which allows you access to the pool.  From the pool you have access to the house through sliding glass doors.  As the building is skewed inside the main frame, wooden beams extending across the roof allow the light to permeate the structure causing an interplay of light and shade on the deck and pool.
The build is modifiable; allowing you to tint and texture to create the look you want.  The central double sided fireplace with sliding glass shutters can be moved, rotated or removed to alter the space with minimal building knowledge.  The galleried landing means part of the main living area is double height.

From the main living area, you can access the lower and upper level via stairs.  The upper area has two rooms that both have areas that lend themselves to the addition of bathrooms.  One of the room has double sliding doors leading out on to a small balcony area.  Clever use of beams on the external structure affords the bedrooms some privacy without the need for window dressings.
As previously mentioned, the lower level has three rooms and a small 'reception' area.  These rooms lend themselves to numerous uses - a bar, a playroom for the kids, a 'playroom' for the adults, etc.  If you are a designer or photographer working from home, you could equip the entrance way with your reception area and use rooms for your workspaces.
RJD Homes and More can be found on Marketplace here.  The Pool House can be found on Marketplace here.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Bailey and I am an avatar in Second Life. Although my avatar is predominantly female in Second Life, I am a gay male in real life. I choose to be female most of the time and don't see it as a big deal in a virtual world where so many people are furries, werewolves and inanimate objects. It is all fantasy. This blog is about me, the places I go, the clothes I wear, the people I meet, etc.

Followers

My Blog List